Serious Support For Serious Writers
Manuscript Critique | Developmental Editing | Line & Copy Editing | Ghostwriting & Adaptation
Founded in 1980 by Renni Browne, a former senior editor at William Morrow and co-author of the bestselling Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, The Editorial Department provides expert support in planning, revising, and editing novels and nonfiction. Our editors work one-on-one with our authors to help hone their writing craft and prepare manuscripts for successful traditional or independent publication.
Our clients range from bestselling authors with loyal readerships to new writers who are just starting out. Our highly personalized approach to nurturing writers and helping them succeed has earned us feature coverage from The New York Times, Publisher's Weekly, Writers Digest, and "recommended" status by the Internet's top watchdog group for writers, Preditors & Editors.
Our editors specialize in providing concrete guidance and clear direction, first in making your book as good as it can be, then in getting it published, and finally in giving it the best chance of success in the marketplace. Whether you’re working on your first book or your fifteenth, whether your goal is traditional or independent publication, whether you’ve got a rough draft teeming with potential or a polished final draft that’s ready to find its readership, The Editorial Department is uniquely qualified to help you succeed by providing:
- Candid, constructive editorial critiques on complete manuscripts, book proposals, and unfinished works-in-progress
- In-depth guidance on revisions and rewrites, based your objectives and the unique needs of your manuscript
- Expert line-editing, copy editing, and proofreading, from highly credentialed editors you work with directly
- Insightful education and guidance on story craft and writing technique, as needed
- Comprehensive help from seasoned industry insiders in pitching your work to literary agents and publishers
- Personal guidance, education, and advice on the best practices of self-publishing
- Professional collaboration, ghostwriting, and adaptation support for a wide range of fiction and narrative nonfiction genres
If you’re serious about what you’re doing and ready to take the next step with your writing, please visit our author welcome center or better yet, give us a call at (520) 546-9992. Complete information about services, prices, books we’ve edited, and much more is available via the links below, and we are easily reached in person if you’d like to discuss your needs further.